As a Recovery Specialist, you will be responsible for recovering subrogation claims and money owed to Federated from tortfeasors through third party liability actions. You will handle recover for small to midsize claims in Auto, Material Damage, Property, and Workers Compensation.
- Evaluating and/or investigating claims for subrogation potential and pursuing recovery from other parties.
- Gathering appropriate information from policyholders, claimants, and outside parties to ensure proper evaluation of recovery opportunity.
- Negotiating directly with loss parties, balancing recovery and loss accounts, to ensure an equitable resolution of the claim.
- Explaining recovery results and settlement decision to policyholder through appropriate and professional verbal and written communication.
- Determining third party liability and evaluating appropriate methods of pursuit.
- Determining appropriate deductible and SIR reimbursements.
- Handle mediation processes remotely and acts as advisor on intercompany arbitration.
- Assists in training of claims personnel on identification of subrogation.
- Four-year degree in business related field or equivalent business related experience.
- Prefer Certified Subrogation Recovery Professional (CSRP) designation.
- One to two years of general business environment experience demonstrating strong decision making skills.
- Prior work experience handling subrogation claims preferred.
- Strong computer knowledge.
- Ability to memorize/recall information quickly.